Do the lighting fixtures in your home not quite match the rest of your updated décor? Don’t worry! We at Hobrecht Lighting are here to reveal the latest 2021 light fixture trends so you can update …Read More
- What is its purpose? While traditional wall sconces shine light upwards, nowadays you can have the light shine either up or down, so consider what the purpose of your lighting will be. Are you just providing enough lighting to see by, such as in a hallway, or are you looking to illuminate an area, say a craft room, for instance?
- Fixed or moveable? Many modern wall sconces now come on a swivel, which is great for bedroom sconces. You can aim the sconce directly over where you sit in bed at night for reading, or you can aim it away, such as when you are in your bedroom during the day.
- Indoor or outdoor use? Distinguishing between outdoor sconces and indoor wall lights is not so much about aesthetics, but more so about the elements surrounding your light. After all, if hail or wind hits in Sacramento, you want your outdoor sconces to survive unscathed. This is unnecessary with indoor wall lights.
- How do you place sconce lights? Hobrecht Lighting in Sacramento acknowledges that placement is key when it comes to both indoor wall lights and outdoor wall lights, and this is a place where many people struggle. In general, wall sconces that shine up you will want at about eye level, or between five and six feet high. Sconces that shine down, you can hang a bit higher for added lighting to the room.
- How many sconces do you need? If you are hanging your sconces in a hallway, one about every eight to 10 feet should suffice. You can also stagger your wall sconces as well for added lighting and to place them closer together. However, every home and office are unique, which is why we encourage you to take advantage of our free consultations with our lighting experts at Hobrecht Lighting in Sacramento in order to find the perfect wall sconces and placement for you.